When I was in college, I made something very similar to this version of a stuffed cucumber. However, mine was the simple college version with all store bought ingredients. Now, I have my own herbs I can use to brighten up the dish. I remember cutting the cucumbers into slices, smearing on a teaspoon of herb cream cheese, and topping it with small slices of smoked salmon. For my revised version, I made it appetizer friendly for a crowd. I actually brought this dish to Ravinia to see Carrie Underwood. A quick tip though…..put it in Tupperware with a lid. I had mine on a plate with plastic wrap…not such a good idea.
- 1 pkg mini cucumbers (mine came with 7)
- 8 oz. whipped cream cheese
- 8 oz. smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 2 T fresh chives, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 T fresh tarragon (or dill), chopped
- reserved inside of cucumber
- salt for seasoning